Lino Printing – 2 day course
Monday 15th July and Monday 5th August (bookings now open)
This is a 2 day course with Susan Clarke. Susan began printmaking when studying a teaching degree at ACU 2004 – 2007. She completed many music units but found that she was drawn to the Visual Arts. This gave
her the grounding to be an Art Specialist and explore her creativity in a new way, through primary teaching and in her own practice. Susan enjoys all types of printmaking processes, linoprint, drypoint and engraving being favourites.
Day 1 You will be taken through basic lino printing skills to create your own printed artwork.
Day 2 Reduction lino plates will be developed. You will learn to utilise the reduction process with your choice of 3 colours and a single lino plate to create various colourful images.
- Date: Monday 15th July and 5th August 2019
- Time: 10.00am – 3.00pm
- Venue: Red Door Gallery [on fraser]
- Contact: email@example.com
- Cost: $180 pp for both days (Inc morning and afternoon tea). Please note that individual days cannot be booked. Spaces are strictly limited for this workshop.
- Materials You need to bring a drawing about postcard size to use for your lino print inspiration. Everything else is supplied.
- Tutor – Susan Clarke
Payment: To confirm your place on the day, payment is required in advance. Bank details will be advised.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Bring your lunch. ‘Food to go’ can be purchased at several eateries open on the day including O’Hara’s Bakery, Quigley and Clarke Cafe or Widow Twankey’s on Fraser Street
Please bring a postcard size image or idea to get started. It is advisable to wear an apron. All other materials will be provided.