BOOK BINDING WORKSHOP
Tuesday 11th June 2019 (bookings now open
In this workshop, you will be taken step by step, in how to make a journal to house your very own drawings, thoughts and experiences.You will experience working with paper and basic tools to sew and personalise your book with visible Coptic spine stitching anda hard cover.
All equipment and materials will be provided to complete the book. The approximate finished size will be 20 cms x 20 cms and will included cover papers. You are welcome to bring suitable decorative papers if you wish. Coptic spine stitching allows each page to open flat, and makes ideal visual diaries – or perfect gifts!
- Date: Tuesday 11th June 2019
- Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Venue: Red Door Gallery [on fraser]
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $100 pp (Inc morning and afternoon tea)
- Materials All materials will be supplied
- Tutor – Barry Wemyss, Bookbinder, Ceramic Artist and Sculptor. With many years of higher education experience, Barry enjoys sharing his knowledge and creating handmade artists’ books with details inspired by events and travels. See more at redechidnastudios.com
Payment: To confirm your place on the day, payment is required in advance (or by prior arrangement). For online electronic funds transferral (EFT) please ensure you state your name and Bookbinding WS when making a ‘direct deposit’ into the following account.
- Red Door Gallery on Fraser
- BSB 633 000
- Account No. 160620522
- Bank of Bendigo
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Bring your lunch. Please advise us if you have any dietary requirements. ‘Food to go’ can be purchased at several eateries open on the day including O’Hara’s Bakery or Widow Twankey’s on Fraser Street
All materials will be supplied. If you wish to use fabric or a creatively stitched piece to cover your book, you’ll need a piece large enough to cover 2 x 20 x 20 cm covers.