2019 TEXTILE PALETTE EXHIBITION
The Red Door Gallery (on fraser) is proud to host the annual Textile Palette Exhibition, showcasing and celebrating the work of textile artists who live, work or are connected to Victoria. The Red Door Gallery is an accessible exhibition space for all artists to exhibit and promote their work and welcomes expressions of interest to submit work for this unique event.
The 2019 Textile Palette Exhibition invites artists to ponder new challenges and possibilities. Through their work, artists may wish to comment on the environment and the natural world, conservation, religious faith or politics. Artworks may be abstract, naïve or figurative and may include mixed media. Artists may refer to personal or life experiences or produce work that reflects on family, friends or people within our diverse community. Work may include framed pieces, canvasses, soft furnishings, including art quilts and coverlets, wall hangings, furniture, fashion and accessories, sculpture and installations.
In order to keep this exhibition relevant and to maintain the promotion of contemporary work all artwork must not have been exhibited before unless recent re-working has occurred.
Artwork will be exhibited from Thursday 21stMarch until Sunday 28thApril 2019 at the Red Door Gallery, 69 Fraser Street Clunes Victoria 3370
Entries close: Thursday 28thFebruary 2019
Delivery of artworks: Sunday 17thMarch 2019 (10.00 – 4.00pm)
Opening night: Friday 22ndMarch 2019. (A series of awards will be presented on the opening night)
Exhibition ends: Sunday 28thApril at 4.00pm
Collection time: Monday/Tuesday 29/30thApril (Time/s TBC))
HOW TO APPLY
Artists of all ages, all abilities and all cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply but they must live, work or be otherwise connected to communities within Victoria. Please read Conditions of Entry Complete and send in the Application Form (see attached document) 2019 TEXTILE PALETTE EXHIBITION Application
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Art or craftwork may be two or three dimensional and can be in any style, form or medium.
- Due to space limitations, large artworks must be negotiated with Gallery Directors
- Artists can submit multiple entries however due to space not all may be selected
- All work must not have been exhibited before unless significant reworking of a piece has been undertaken
- Artists are responsible for the insurance of artwork(s), delivery and collection of artwork.
- Artwork(s) must be delivered in a format and condition that is ready for display. All framed works and works on canvas must be delivered, with clean glass, hooks and wire installed, ready to hang.
- Artwork(s) must be delivered to the Red Door Gallery 69 Fraser Street Clunes Victoria 3370 on Sunday 17thMarch between 10am – 4pm pm (No late entries accepted unless otherwise arranged).
- Artists must collect their artwork(s) from the Red Door Gallery 69 Fraser Street Clunes Victoria 3370 on Monday 29thor Tuesday 30th(Times TBC) Note: Artwork(s) cannot be stored at the Red Door Gallery unless by prior arrangement.
- For more information please email: email@example.com or call 0438 966 855 / 0408 034 017